YOU CAN DO THIS
BECOME A BETTER WRITER
GENTLE AND PRESCRIPTIVE CRITIQUE SERVICE
We assign your project to an expert with credentials that match your genre. Published poets critique your stellar stanzas. A mystery writer critiques your international thriller. A romance writer critiques your lusty vampire historical romance.
You get the idea.
I LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS.
So, what happens next?
Please fill out the project intake form below. Once we’re reviewed it, we’ll ask you to send along your manuscript. We will reply with a quote based on the content and length of your manuscript. Once you’ve paid for the service, we’ll assign a professional to critique your work.
What will you receive? You’ll receive two pages of notes that explain what is working and what is not working in your story or book — with one example cited for each point. Your critique will include an analysis of the following:
– An analysis of whether your plot is original and compelling, or if your nonfiction book’s trajectory is working or not.
– Whether your main character’s dilemma will keep a reader interested (they have a dilemma, right?).
– Whether the dialog and scenes between characters are believable and grab the reader.
– Whether the setting and tone of your work make sense for the story.
– Recommendations on where you need to improve. These notes may reference grammar, sentence mechanics, or other writing skills that need to be improved before you move forward.
If you would like the full-manuscript annotated with “track changes” please let us know and we will quote that on a case-by-case basis.
And remember…this is an honest and unbiased critique. It is not line by line editing. For that you’ll need to inquire about our editing and proofreading services.
Any revisions needed will be done by you. You may not publish any of the comments provided in the critique in a negative way or as any form of blurb, endorsement, recommendation, review or testimonial for the work.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Glad you asked.
Below are some estimated prices based on the word count of your document. For very brief works, prices may be less. Give us a call to discuss.
- Documents and manuscripts up to 10,000 words: $199 estimate
- Documents and manuscripts up to 20,000 words: $249 estimate
- Documents and manuscripts up to 30,000 words: $299 estimate
- Documents and manuscripts up to 40,000 words: $399 estimate
- Documents and manuscripts up to 50,000 words: $499 estimate
- Documents and manuscripts up to 75,000 words: $599 estimate
- Documents and manuscripts up to 100,000 words: $749 estimate
- Documents and manuscripts up to 125,000 words: $899 estimate
- 200, 000 words and longer is by quote only