Publicity By The Hour
To give your book the best shot at success, it’s critical that you have a marketing and publicity plan. Sure, you can do this yourself. But wouldn’t it be great if there was someone who already knew the business inside and out? Someone who could take care of press inquiries and scheduling book signings while you’re at work or brainstorming your next project? You know what’s coming…there is!
Here are just a few of the tasks a personal publicist can help you with:
- Write press materials, keep media assets up to date.
- Pitch interviews and reviews for you and your books.
- Coordinate travel and event-related appearances.
- Respond to calls from media, event planners and booksellers.
- Work with bookstores to coordinate author events.
- Organize media coverage and press clips – link to your website
- Perform online research to acquire publicity contacts and maintaining media lists.
- Oversee and contribute to social media platforms.
- Provide general administrative support, answer emails, post blogs, update website.
A personal publicist is an extraordinary asset if you’re not technically inclined. Our publicists are experts in social media and web technologies. If you’re working with a traditional publishing house, Tina can act as a secondary publicist. She can also run your entire pre-publication campaign. Time can be booked in 20 hour minimum increments. To get started, it’s best to book one of Tina’s 90-minute consultations to determine a strategy and timeline.
Before Tina begins the PR plan process, she’ll conduct an in-depth interview with you to determine news hooks that lead to the best outcomes. This service can also include tour and podcast appearance bookings. Most clients have Tina pitch media and podcasters simultaneously.
Here’s a quick list of select recent PR Hits from 2019 to 2021:
Karen Gross – CBS News WCAX TV- How to Pandemic Proof Your Halloween
Karen Wade – Refinery 29 – Why You Shouldn’t Be a Sexy Nurse for Halloween
Ellen LaCorte – Sun-Sentinel syndicated – REVIEW: ‘The Perfect Fraud’ a Debut from an Author to Watch
Neal Schaffer – Best Business books of 2020 for The Age of Influence
Doug Setter – Bylined articles secured in several “Boomer” audience online publications. Coverage in Eat This, Not That!.
Wouldn’t you rather spend your time writing?
Tina has years of experience in the publishing and entertainment business. She understands time and scheduling requirements — and what reporters and reviewers need. Hourly rates are $50 and time block purchases start at 5 hours. A good place to begin is with a 10-20 hour block of time.